Sew Together To Help
7 fabric shops in East Anglia have come together for this fantastic new quilting project for charity. Will you join us?
This project will get you out and about on the sunny days, will keep you busy sewing on the rainy ones whilst supporting staff at Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals who have been working so hard this past year. To brighten up the days each row of this modern style quilt will be in the colours of the rainbow. The charity we decide to support is East Suffolk and North Essex NHS foundation Trust and their Staff Wellbeing Appeal – which will provide anything from snacks, hand cream to coffee makers or funtiture to make their stay at work more comfortable – they have worked so hard and deserve any treat they can get!
How it works
– Each shop will have a pattern for one row of a quilt – if you’d like to collect all patterns simply visit all the shops!
– Each pattern costs £1 – all proceeds go the chosen charity – and are only available to purchase in person, in the shops.
– A fabric kit will also be available for each row including the three fabrics and a pattern.
– If you can’t visit one of the shops, you can buy the pattern as part of a kit by contacting the shop directly.
– Finished size of the quilt is about 1,5m/60″ square.
– Most shops will have a sample of the quilt, so you can see the different ways of finishing and we will happily help you choose the right sashing and border to finish your quilt.
– Support Facebook Group is available for help, guidance and sharing progress photos and finished quilts.
The perfect excuse – if we quilters needed one – of visiting favourite and maybe new to discover fabric stores across East Suffolk and North Essex. The shops taking part are Sew and So’s in Bungay, Cosy Cabin in Risby, Sew Much To Do in Bury St Edmunds, Stitch x Stitch in Stowmarket, OliVen in Monks Eleigh, Kis Quilting in Ipswich, And Sew On Fabrics in Braintree. At most the shops are 1.5 hours away from each other – so you could visit them all in one day or spread your visits across a few weeks.
- Sew and So’s – sewsos.co.uk 14 Upper Olland Street, Bungay NR35 1BG
2. Cosy Cabin – thecosycabin.co.uk The Risby Barns, South Street, Risby, Bury St Edmunds IP28 6QU
3. Sew much to do – sewmuchtodo.co.uk 23 Hatter St, Bury St Edmunds IP33 1NE
4. Stitch X Stitch – stitchxstitch.co.uk 24 Bury Street, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1HH
5. OliVen – oliven.co.uk Bridge Farm Barns, Monks Eleigh, Ipswich IP7 7AY
6. Kis Quilting – kisquilting.co.uk Unit 2, Beamish Hub, Berwick Road, Ransomes Industrial Estate, Ipswich IP3 9RY
7. And Sew On Fabrics – andsewonfabrics.com 12A Blake House Craft Centre, Rayne, Braintree CM77 6SH
Buy the orange kit!
And Sew On Fabrics can provide you with the orange row which includes the fabric and instructions!